The Newberries Art & Design Curriculum strives to:
- Ensures children are proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design, such as collage and printing.
- Encourages children to produce creative work which explores, records and reflects on their own ideas and experiences.
- Provides children with knowledge of a variety of artists, craft makers and designers and understand historical and cultural development of their art forms.
- Provide children with building blocks in art skills so that they are ready for future study.
- Inspire a love of art and provide children with the confidence to take risks through experimenting with media, materials, techniques and tools.
- Provide our children with skills to evaluate and analyse their own and others work using art and design specific vocabulary.
- Art Overview (355KB)