Promoting Fundamental British Values.
In accordance with The Department for Education we aim to actively promote British values in schools to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain.
Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
The Key Values are:
- rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect
- tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
Within Newberries Primary School we:
- Implement democracy through electing our eco-council reps and complete our talk circles
- Implement the rule of law by understanding that every action has both a negative or positive, leads to a consequence which is both negative or positive
- Celebrate Individual liberty by providing opportunities for children to make choices and therefore gain independence within their thinking
- Promote mutual respect by following our school’s Golden Rules
- Understand and promote tolerance through learning about different cultures and celebrating and learning from our similarities as well as differences.