“Due to following Government guidance, our “Newberries School Life” is slightly different. Please use the Covid-19 page for the latest and most up to date information.”
Advice & Information
At A Glance, when school is fully open:
- School Times are staggered to ensure that parents and children can social distance on arrivals and collections. Please read Newberries for the most up to date information.
- Socially Distancing is extremely important at the moment and we are, as a school, relying on parents to manage their households. We therefore ask you to ensure that you are arriving for your drop off and collection times on time, and not early, and ensure that you keep to the yellow lines when following our one way system around our school grounds.
- Socially Distancing in school is promoted within class bubbles by allocating separate play zones on the school playgrounds and field as well as by not having whole school gatherings such as assemblies. We appreciate and understand that younger children are unable to socially distance but all school staff work hard to promote social distancing even within classrooms.
- School Office: Our School Office is open to parents via phone and/or email between 8.50am and 2.45pm. If you are unable to call us during these times, please call and leave a voicemail. The Office Staff will endeavour to reply as quickly as they can.
- Meet The Teacher: Due to Covid-19, we are unable to offer “Meet The Teacher” evenings, face to face parent’s evenings or parent / teacher contact on the playground. Instead, we have included “Meet The Teacher Leaflets” within our class pages area of our website, completed virtual parent evenings and ask parents to contact teachers by contacting the school office, who will work hard to distribute your message to the relevant member of staff as quickly as possible.
- Communication With Teachers: Our teachers pride themselves in working with parents. If you need to contact your child’s teacher, please do so by emailing the School’s Office. The School’s Office will then pass on any messages to the teacher.
Keeping our School Community Safe:
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus! We ask that you please make sure that you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:-
- Stay socially distant at all times, including when entering the school grounds and wear a face covering where appropriate
- Ensure that your child does not come to school if they, or anyone in your household, displays symptoms of Covid-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with other people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, or elbow rather than your hands (remembering to put the tissue immediately into the bin and wash your hands.)
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in your home.
- If you become unwell and are worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 and inform the school.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline 0800 046 8687 – this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Alternatively they can be contacted via email DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening hours 8am-6pm (Monday to Friday).
We have been advised that no school should close unless directed to do so by Public Health.
Supporting Your Child’s understanding of Coronavirus and what school will be like:
Below are some lovely stories to use to discuss what Coronavirus is.
Below is a social link, written for Newberries Primary School, so that you can share the new routines that will help us keep Newberries Primary School safe!
Transition Back To School (1,015KB)