Aims of the FNS
The FNS raises money and awareness for the school’s needs.
Newberries School receives the minimal Government funding per pupil. As the school is not located in a deprivation area, there is little extra funding. This means that the school is becoming increasingly reliant on the FNS to raise funds not just for big projects, but also for basic supplies that without, the classrooms would not function efficiently.
In the past few years the FNS has funded new equipment in both the Junior and Infant playgrounds; refurbishment of the ICT suite and the school stock of iPads; a new reading scheme – all of which are in use on a daily basis. in school. The initiative of the Gift List means that the school is also receiving vital basic classroom equipment – from glue to microscopes to books to football goals. Without FNS involvement our children simply would not have this equipment.
The decisions on how the money is spent lies with the Head Teachers and staff as they know best where the deficits are. We are currently working on a new Gift List which will go live in January 2020, and the Head Teachers are thinking about the next big project, so watch this space!
The FNS Committee
Our year reps have an important role. There are usually two representatives per class who provide a link between individual classes and parents and the FNS committee. The support from class representatives is vital when it comes to organising our main events from selling tickets to organising rotas of help. They also arrange class socials and presents for the teachers at Christmas and the end of the academic year. Year Reps for 2019/20 are:
Reception: Colette and Rebecca
Year 1 Emanuela and Sandra
Year 2 Leanne and Katie
Year 3 Lucy and Clare
Year 4 Lucy and Katie
Year 5 Cassie and Judy
Year 6 Rose and Fiona
How We Raise Money
Like most FNS’s, the majority of our funds are raised through the events that we organise. Upcoming events are:
Comedy Night 16th October (18+)
Spooky Disco 18th October (children)
Christmas Fair 30th November
Sponsored Spin/Exercise Class 2020
Legal Information Evening 2020
Mothers’ Day Sale 2020
Easter Cake Sale 2020
Summer Disco 2020
Quiz Night 2020
Fathers’ Day Sale 2020
Open Air Cinema 2020
Summer Fair 2020
Links with Local Businesses
We have, over time, developed strong links with the local community and are always well supported by both residents and businesses, for which we are very grateful. Open Estates and HiB Bathrooms provide major annual sponsorship and many of the local shops are very generous providing donations for raffle prizes and auction items. Some also take an active role in our Christmas and Summer Fairs. We are also extremely grateful to companies who have participated in charity matched giving schemes. This has made a huge difference to our fundraising efforts.
- FNS Financial Year 2017-18 (191KB)
- An annual donation of £1000: full page advert in both summer and Xmas brochures; name on website as a sponsor with link to your website; announcement of sponsorship in emails; logo on FNS literature
- Sponsor an event for £750: sponsored by…..very visible during event with any of your literature to hand; half page advert in summer and Xmas brochure for a year; name on website with link to your page for that year; a thank you for your support in FNS literature sent out.
- £300: full page advert in both Winter and Summer brochures
- £150: half page advert in both Winter and Summer brochures or full page in one brochure
- Matched funding: for one or more events. Company matched giving is a very simple. Companies or businesses pledge to donate to a charity such as ourselves an amount of money relating to the amount that an employee(s) donates or fundraises for us. We have been helped enormously in the past by this type of donation, and there are several benefits to both ourselves and the company involved:
- employees’ morale is boosted by having their efforts supported by their employer
- the company benefits from having charitable donations written off against taxable profits
- the company can endeavour to get publicity for their giving
- our FNS benefits from receiving perhaps double what we have raised at an event
If you think that your employer has a matched giving scheme already in operation, or if you would like some more information about charity matched giving or setting up a scheme in your workplace, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A one off donation of any other amount will be thanked officially in FNS literature
- Also an opportunity to part sponsor event (s)…eg supply the prizes for events or refreshments
- Standing Order contributions
- Buying a piece of equipment on the school Gift List: newberriespta.org.uk
- An annual or one-off donation
FNS bank account details:
Sort code: 20-74-09
Account number: 00663441
If you would like further information on these, please email email@example.com.
Other Financial Initiatives
- Clothes Bank. There is a textiles bank in the school playground. The school receives money per weight when the bank is emptied.
- Open Estates in Radlett has offered to donate £150 to the school for each sale or purchase made by Newberries School parents, so please consider using the company if you are buying or selling a property.
- Easy Fundraising contributes to the school when you shop online from a wide variety of retailers. It is very easy to use and there is an app for phones and tablets. org.uk
- Stamptastic. This is an innovative, permanent way to name your children’s school uniform and equipment. Simply enter the code ‘Newberries FNS’ at checkout and the school will receive 25% of the sale. stamptastic.co.uk
How You Can Get Involved
There are lots of ways you can help and support your child through the FNS.
Offering to help before events or at other times during the year is invaluable. It doesn’t matter if you can’t help on a regular basis, or even if you cannot come into school.
If you would like to be more involved you can volunteer to be a Year Rep or Committee Member. Or you can simply support the AGM and give us your ideas for fundraising events. This is also the time to ask questions or voice your opinion.
You can help by letting us know if you have any contacts or skills we could use, everything is potentially valuable to us.
Financial support: come to our events, buy from the Gift List, set up a Standing Order, make a donation. See our sponsorship packages above. For further information please speak to Julie or Keren or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraising website: www.newberriespta.org.uk
PTA bank account details:
Sort code: 20-74-09
Account number: 00663441