Friends of Newberries School
Aims of the FNS (Friends of Newberries School)
The FNS raises money and awareness for the school’s needs.
Newberries School receives the minimal Government funding per pupil. As the school is not located in a deprivation area, there is little extra funding. This means that the school is becoming increasingly reliant on the FNS to raise funds not just for big projects, but also for basic supplies that without, the classrooms would not function efficiently.
In the past few years the FNS has funded new equipment in both the Junior and Infant playgrounds; replacement of classroom projectors; refurbishment of the ICT suite and the school stock of iPads; a new reading scheme – all of which are in use on a daily basis. in school. The initiative of the Gift List means that the school is also receiving vital basic classroom equipment – from glue to microscopes to books to football goals. Without FNS involvement our children simply would not have this equipment.
The decisions on how the money is spent lies with the Head Teachers and staff as they know best where the deficits are.
The FNS Committee
As of September 2021:
Chair: Deborah Cohen (Y1/3/5)
Secretary: Belinda Levene (Y1)
Treasurer: Rob Richman (Y1/4)
Committee Member: Claire Richman (Y4/1)
Committee Member: Ashling (Y1)
Committee Member: Dakotah (Y3)
Committee Member: Nisa (Y5/2)
The Friends of Newberries Website
Our year reps have an important role. There are usually two representatives per class who provide a link between individual classes and parents and the FNS committee. The support from class representatives is vital when it comes to organising our main events from selling tickets to organising rotas of help. They also arrange class socials and presents for the teachers at Christmas and the end of the academic year. Year Reps for 2021/22 are:
Reception – Claire
Year 1 – Hilary and Leanne
Year 2 – Lucy and Danielle
Year 3 – San and Eleanor
Year 4 – Nina and Leanne
Year 5 – Monika and Angie
Year 6 – Rose and Nicole
How We Raise Money
Like most FNS’s, the majority of our funds are raised through the events that we organise. Upcoming events are:
- Trick or Treat Trail
- Pumpkin Carving
- Quiz Night
- Winter Market
- An annual donation of £1000: full page advert in both summer and Xmas brochures; name on website as a sponsor with link to your website; announcement of sponsorship in emails; logo on FNS literature
- Sponsor an event for £750: sponsored by…..very visible during event with any of your literature to hand; half page advert in summer and Xmas brochure for a year; name on website with link to your page for that year; a thank you for your support in FNS literature sent out.
- £300: full page advert in both Winter and Summer brochures
- £150: half page advert in both Winter and Summer brochures or full page in one brochure
- Matched funding: for one or more events. Company matched giving is a very simple. Companies or businesses pledge to donate to a charity such as ourselves an amount of money relating to the amount that an employee(s) donates or fundraises for us. We have been helped enormously in the past by this type of donation, and there are several benefits to both ourselves and the company involved:
- employees’ morale is boosted by having their efforts supported by their employer
- the company benefits from having charitable donations written off against taxable profits
- the company can endeavour to get publicity for their giving
- our FNS benefits from receiving perhaps double what we have raised at an event
If you think that your employer has a matched giving scheme already in operation, or if you would like some more information about charity matched giving or setting up a scheme in your workplace, please email email@example.com
- A one off donation of any other amount will be thanked officially in FNS literature
- Also an opportunity to part sponsor event (s)…eg supply the prizes for events or refreshments
- Standing Order contributions
- An annual or one-off donation
FNS bank account details:
Sort code: 20-74-09
Account number: 00663441
Other Financial Initiatives
- Clothes Bank. There is a textiles bank in the school playground. The school receives money per weight when the bank is emptied.
- Open Estates in Radlett has offered to donate £150 to the school for each sale or purchase made by Newberries School parents, so please consider using the company if you are buying or selling a property.
- Easy Fundraising contributes to the school when you shop online from a wide variety of retailers. It is very easy to use and there is an app for phones and tablets.
- Amazon Smile: if you log in to Amazon Smile for your usual Amazon shopping, you will be asked to link up with a school. If you find Newberries and then shop as normal, Amazon will donate.
- Stamptastic – Earn 15% commission for your PTA when you buy any Stamptastic product, using this affiliate link: http://bit.ly/STAMPWD77EL
PLUS £4.99 discount when you order the School Name Labels Deluxe Bundle, using this PTA Code: WD77EL
How You Can Get Involved
There are lots of ways you can help and support your child through the FNS.
Offering to help before events or at other times during the year is invaluable. It doesn’t matter if you can’t help on a regular basis, or even if you cannot come into school.
If you would like to be more involved you can volunteer to be a Year Rep or Committee Member. Or you can simply support the AGM and give us your ideas for fundraising events. This is also the time to ask questions or voice your opinion.
You can help by letting us know if you have any contacts or skills we could use, everything is potentially valuable to us.
Financial support: come to our events, buy from the Gift List, set up a Standing Order, make a donation. See our sponsorship packages above. For further information please speak to Deborah or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsors and Links